The American Association of University Women (AAUW)
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) empowers women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Our nonpartisan, nonprofit organization has more than 150,000 members and supporters across the United States, as well as 1,000 local branches and 700 college and university partners. Since AAUW’s founding in 1881, our members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
- AAUW’s Mission – AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
- AAUW’s Value Promise – By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
AAUW Gaylord Area Branch
The Gaylord Area Branch was founded in 1973. We strive to support women continuing their education and recognize the amazing accomplishments of women in our community. We have awarded over $30,000 in education awards over the past ten years to women graduating from high school and going on to college or women going back to college to further their education.
Annual events we organize every year include:
- Used Book Drive – Every fall we gather used books donated by the community, stack, sort and recycle them back into the community. All proceeds go to education awards for women continuing their education.
- Women Making History Luncheon – We annually host a luncheon to honor a woman in the community for her accomplishments. A silent auction at the event raises money for education awards.
- Interest Groups – Our branch has very active interest groups including a book group and a gourmet group. Members are encouraged to create interest groups to share their interests with other like-minded members!
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- President, Pat Morse
- Membership VP, Ashley Ochoa
- Communication Director, Brandy Solak
- Recording Secretary/Public Policy, Marty Goodman
- Corresponding Secretary & Newsletter Editor, Brenda Brummel
- Social Media/Facebook/Website, Jessica Kane
- Finance VP, Mary Fox
- Program VP (Co) & Book Sale Chair, Mary Tomaski
- Program VP (Co), Ursula Owens
- Nominating Chair, Dana Bensinger
BACK: (l-r) Brenda Brummel, Ursula Owens, Ashley Ochoa, Mary Fox
FRONT: (l-r) Mary Tomaski, Pat Morse, Marty Goodman
- Education Award Committee: Mary Tomaski
- Book Drive: Mary Tomaski and Joan Becker
- Woman Making History Luncheon: Renee Elias
- Communications Committee: Brandy Solak
- Membership Committee: Ashley Ochoa
- Finance Committee: Mary Fox
- Book Club: Brenda Brummel
- Gourmet Group: Margo Noss